Main research areas of the UTCF :
- Study of new approaches and techniques in the field of analytical and forensic toxicology. Development of coupling techniques with mass spectrometry (GC/MS, GC/ITMS, GC/MS-MS, LC/MS, LC/MS-MS, ICP-MS). Particular attention will be paid to fast techniques and the development of new media for sampling and extraction.
- Study of new markers and their role in different pathologies (e.g. atherosclerosis) and in drug use. Analysis of these markers in different biological matrices (blood, urine, hair, saliva).
- Study of the effects of drugs and medicines on behaviour and performance with respect to their kinetic profiles in the organism.
- Epidemiological studies in relation to road safety problems and drug and medicine use.
Courses offered by the UTCF :
The staff in our unit teaches courses on Toxicology and Forensic Chemistry at the following establishments :
- School of Medical Laboratory Assistants, CEFOPS, Geneva
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne / Faculty of Science, University of Geneva
- School of Criminal Justice, University of Lausanne
- Faculty of Law, University of Lausanne
- Police Institutes and Academies in French-speaking cantons
- Swiss Police Institute, Neuchâtel
- Swiss Judicial College, Neuchâtel
- Francophone School of Criminal Judiciary, Neuchâtel
Theses in progress :
- François Versace (2010 - ) : "Development of fast techniques of search for poisons in biological matrices by tandem mass spectrometry methods"
Recently completed Ph.D :
- Marie Fabritius (2010 - 2014) : "Controlled administration study of cannabis and kinetic profiles of the cannabinoids in biological fluids"
- ISI Web of Knowledge-UTCF
- SERVAL, Lausanne-UTCF
- Archive ouverte UNIGE, Genève-UTCF
- Catalogue collectif du réseau romand de bibliothèques (RERO)-UTCF