|Unity Services||Unity Presentation||FAQ|
Courses offered by the UMF :
- Undergraduate courses in Forensic Medicine are given to students and trainees at the Faculty of Biology and Medicine in Lausanne, the Faculty of Medicine in Geneva, the Faculties of Law in Lausanne and Geneva, the School of Criminal Sciences in Lausanne, and police academies in both cantons (e.g. Savatan Police Academy, the Swiss Police Institute in Neuchâtel) as well as the Swiss Military Police.
- Courses in Forensic Medicine are also proposed as part of the postgraduate teaching given to emergency doctors, ambulance men and women and magistrates of the "Ecole romande de la magistrature pénale".
- Continuing education in legal medicine is provided to emergency doctors, ambulance men and women, magistrates of the "Ecole romande de la magistrature pénale", judges, custodial officers and prison staff and the clergy.
- Training courses are proposed in association with the ICRC on the theme of the management of the dead in armed conflicts and catastrophes. These courses are organized in the center Ecogia in Geneva.
The main areas of research of the UMF :
- Sudden cardiac death
- Forensic imagery
- Post mortem clinical chemistry
- Forensic anthropology
- Neck injuries
- Elder abuse
- Homicides and suicides
Weblink to the English training site "Forensic medicine for medical students"
Some of the articles published by the UMF :