Unit of Traffic Medicine and Psychology
|Unit Services||Research and Training||FAQ|
The Unit of Traffic Medicine and Psychology is composed of doctors specialized in traffic medicine and psychologists specialized in traffic psychology. It is in charge of the evaluation of driving ability, from a medical and/or psychological point of view, at the request of the competent cantonal authorities (SAN, OCV, OVJ, SCAN, OCN, OCRN, Sezione Circolazione).
Fields of activity
Depending on the mandate, different investigations are carried out by the Unit's doctors and psychologists:
- medical evaluation of the aptitude to drive, with toxicological ability
- psychological and psychotechnical evaluation of driving ability
If the assessment of driving ability concludes that the person is medically and/or psychologically unfit to drive, the person assessed must meet the conditions indicated in the conclusions of the assessment (undergo addiction treatment, undergo treatment by a psychologist specializing in traffic psychology), before being allowed to drive a motor vehicle.
The Traffic Medicine and Psychology Unit also handles the psycho-technical assessments required in the case of three consecutive failed driving tests.
The Traffic Medicine and Psychology Unit is staffed by doctors specializing in traffic medicine and psychologists specializing in traffic psychology, as well as administrative staff and medical assistants.
Site and access maps
Geneva : Rue Jean-Violette 32, 1205 Genève
Lausanne : Rue Saint-Martin 26, 1005 Lausanne, on the 1st floor, access map
Nyon : Av. Reverdil 8, 1260 Nyon
Rennaz : Espace Santé Rennaz, route des Tilles 6A – 1847 Rennaz
Yverdon-les-Bains : EHNV, Rue d'Entremonts 11, 1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
Givisiez : Route André Piller 16, 1762 Givisiez
Delémont : Le Point Santé, route de Rossemaison 48 , 2800 Delémont
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 13:30 am to 17:00 pm
- Telephone reception (Tel : 021 316 62 50) : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 08h00-11h00 and 14h00-16h00
- Preferred means of communication, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 08h30 to 12h00 and from 13h00 to 17h00
- Telephone reception (Tel : 022 372 19 30): Monday to Friday, 08h30-12h00 and 13h00-17h00
- Address : Rue Jean-Violette 32, 1205 Genève.
- Postal address : Rue Gabrielle-Perret-Gentil 4, 1211 Genève 14
- Preferred means of communication, E-mail : email@example.com